Friday, September 10, 2010

Blood Red Moon


Wait for me to ask you... 
not one moment before.

Watch how the moon bleeds
like love's remembrance
felt so clearly in spite
of the darkness, or its light.

Watch the sharks that
are these minutes filled
with grinding tension--
teeth like false diamonds;
my lovely bone-rust washing
away in your slashing rain.

I'm busy watching every star
fall from the blackened sky
mouthing each name
that I can remember
as they blink out, one
at a time ahead of the glow...

You know I'm good
with the details like that.

So just wait for me to ask,
and tell me
when no one
is pretending
anymore.


~

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Some great lines. I particularly liked "teeth like fasle diamonds." that one hit me.

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

Ah the mysteries of relationship.

Well done!


I had a capricious lady once.

Ended up one night like the proverbial half-f*cked fox in a California forest fire.

She said in the morning, "Have you read L.E. Doctorow's Ragtime?
"Do you know anything?"
Ah, I was forty and still naive.

Mona said...

that sounds like the many heartbreaks I had...

But in retrospect, the pain of falsehood gathers, to become the truth of experience.

Mona said...

Whew! Eight mile long graffiti indeed. I had to read them all 7 comment! :)

i beati said...

sharks huh?/

Lana Gramlich said...

Very lovely, hon. Have you ever published any books of your poetry?

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I can't quite grasp this one: it's the question that eludes me.

morton said...

I really liked the flow and the overall feel to this once.

nice punch.

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

From Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man:

"You poor poet, you."