Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Lies

Torn apart by love
just smile and nod
as my head rolls by.

Ripped to shreds by love
my heart feeding the rats
my blood waters the ivy.

Torn to pieces by love
pick the part you like best
and toss it into the fire.

Ashes are to be envied
they blow on the wind
flying one last time
to the ends of the earth
the mountains, the oceans;

But remember the scream:
ecstasy and anguish
are shadow siblings
dancing by steel moonlight.

Torn apart by love--
because the talons that rip
were the hands of a dream.

Torn to pieces by love--
and your smile is only a stall
look, the rats, they wait,

For you.

Teeth like dirty needles
eyes like dead stars
smoldering in decay...

Even now,

I tell you no lies.
So won't you just try
look me in the eye
as my head rolls by.


9 comments:

eric1313 said...

Been very busy, I moved back to my old city, staying with a friend, and her computer dies suddenly... took me a bit of time to get mine out there, but here it is.

Thanks for the reads and the comments, this month is crazy for certain.

Charles Gramlich said...

Hard hiting. Sharp. I liked it all but particularly liked:

Teeth like dirty needles
eyes like dead stars

Something about those two lines really captured me

Lana Gramlich said...

I really liked "my blood waters the ivy." Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

;pbed being back to all what it dares.. words that has no limitations

Nasra Al Adawi

Anonymous said...

Its just nice to be back

Me again ..Nasra

Dulce said...

WOW What a way to see love through eyes of ugly stuff... torn apart what else... yet so cute, so good... the way you always do
Astounding Eric...
:)

benjibopper said...

Ouch, valentine's day massacre.

Like Lana, I loved the blood watering the ivy. (Just like Harvard.)

X. Dell said...

I think anyone who's ever been in love can relate, some of us more than others.

Of course, my mind being what it is, began to drift to the question of whether or not you can actually water ivy with your blood. Turns out, there are people who water their plants with their own blood.

eric1313 said...

Thanks for the comments yet again. And the links for those who provided them.