Sunday, December 20, 2015

I died that death already... (Or, Ask Jenni, She'll Tell You How.)



Someone else told me about that feat.

Now,
allow me to remind you:

Happened one evening when
"I fell down a well
right smack in front of me
that way I do."

And it didn't stop there.

It went to the coney island
for a corned beef sandwich
to share...
And It went to the shady, cracked
paint
liquor
store
for you, too.

OK. 
What do you mean when you say,
'Because I wasn't there?'

You always say shit
like that:
Don't talk shit,
didn't see shit,
never heard shit...

Like, she ain't shit,
or that's shitty hair -
("Detroit water," you told me.)
Shit for breakfast
shit for lunch.
YOU YELL SHIT ALL THE TIME!
And you say,
"don't talk shit about
Yogi Bear,"
or shit or not -
I don't give a shit.

But you should not talk
about your food like that,
(or my aqua velva smell)
especially when your mouth's
so full of it.

Hell, you don't say shit
about vodka, sugar cookies,
or dank buds.

I just got punched, hard, but
I can't stop laughing...
I've never laughed so much;
but I'm not starting shit
not with you, not like this.

Because I died that death already,
I'll say that again, and again.

I died that death already,
I know we all wanted friends.

But I died that death already.
And I know when we're at the end.



~




 Above: Enceladus and Tethys; as one eye on everything. 

Top: Harpo's concert theater in Detroit.  No better place to witness bands like Type-O, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Mighty, Mighty Bosstones, Flogging Molly, etc...  Just don't read the opening of that second sentence as "No greater hive of scum and villainy".

(That's honest joyful sarcasm.  Detroit area people get it. )




~

8 comments:

eric1313 said...

Jenni will not tell you. She may punch me one day. But she hasn't ever yet.

But, I should add to something I mentioned in a comment on the last post the other day, regarding titles.

Read the title as part of all poems, basically. But on none of them read anything in parentheses or brackets until after the poem is done, as those are the Actual Titles and those type don't work for flow, yet certainly have meaning. On most occasions.

Got this? =D I have a system, and that's it regarding titles. I'm a poet. I make these things my business.

eric1313 said...

I guess I could also say, read the parenthetical and bracketed titles first, if you choose. =D

It's fun to be back.

Charles Gramlich said...

It makes me think of memories as moments in time. Flash bulb memories, they are sometimes called. A brief moment captured, either shining or not.

eric1313 said...

Yes. The moment shines from it's own strange power, and is given contrast by other events in my life. I was thinking about one of the lines above, laughed, then went to the computer and started writing because it was going to be good and I better do that before I forget it.

Before the flash bulb glow dies.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I used to say shit a lot because I thought it made me sound cool. But, really, it made me sound shit.

eric1313 said...

Same here, actually. The value of precise and acceptable language is a reward all unto itself.

Just exercising my claptrap tag and shit. I think I'll post some more of it.

Soon.

It is all good to be back and shit.

Shimmerrings said...

Shit, that was some good shit you just wrote...you didn't spare any shit, because you didn't give a shit...and all that shit...did you mention some good shit?

eric1313 said...

Sometimes, good shit really is the answer.