Sunday, January 3, 2016

Dreams in Flight



So,
yeah... flying dreams are still my
favorite dreams to breathe
and in which to be.

Soaring mostly closed-eye
with the Hand of the World
(silly green-checkered thing)
falling away, as I wing toward the sky.

Oh,
flying makes sense, and above I see
the rocks and debris as clouds and trees see me:
dangerous, beautiful, puny and temporary.

The Hand of the World cannot see or
escape things seen by my one brown-sliver of eye.
(look down, in a pool of water-ice is where it lies)
Flying isn't always easy - take care when you dare to try.

So,
sure, I've fallen too far in a hundred and one more dreams,
hit the dread rocks or choking claws or the ringing schemes;
flattened and gone-dead.  And with the sun's light I still rise again to be.




~

3 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I love those flying dreams too. Only ever had a couple but I can still remember the strange, proto-chi-driven flight dynamic control method involved. Diving off Pen y Fan and soaring through the Brecon Beacons in an extreme sports levitation. Visceral.

Charles Gramlich said...

I also love flying dreams and I've had quite a few. None in a while. I need a good one.

eric1313 said...

I've had all manner of flying dreams. I was reminded again of them recently. I had quit smoking non-tobacco, and following on that effort, I was besieged by vivid dreams, including several dreams about flying. Including another one where I hit the ground and ostensibly died after a fall. I had to remind myself in that dream that it was indeed only a dream, and if I were truly dead, I would not be partaking in observance of dream activity.

It then segued to another dream where I was unquestionably alive.